Electric scooters are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative and convenient means of transportation for urban travel. However, it is important to follow certain rules of safety and good conduct to ensure the safety of all on the road.
Here are some tips for safe driving and use of electric scooters in the city:
- Wear a helmet: For your own safety, it is strongly recommended that you wear a helmet when using an electric scooter. It can protect you in case of a fall or collision.
- Obey traffic laws: It is important to obey traffic lights and signs when using an electric scooter. Also keep an eye out for other road users, such as pedestrians and vehicles, and respect their right of way.
- Be visible: To be visible to other road users, it is recommended that you wear light-colored clothing and make sure your scooter lights are on when riding at night.
- Avoid sidewalks: In general, it is forbidden to ride on sidewalks with an electric scooter. It is recommended to ride on the road, respecting the traffic rules.
- Never ride under the influence: it's always a good reminder. Riding a scooter on a public road while intoxicated is dangerous for you and for others and is strictly forbidden.
- Speed limits: Gliize scooters are limited to 20km/h in the city center. Nevertheless, it is important to limit your speed so as not to compromise the safety of pedestrians or other users of the public highway.
In summary, for the safe use of electric scooters in the city, it is important to wear a helmet, respect the rules of the road, be visible and check the condition of your scooter before riding. By following these tips, you can ride safely and contribute to a pleasant sharing of public space with other users.